Lately, I’ve been making these fresh fish tacos because they are SO darn good, SO easy to make and are GREAT for entertaining because they are an easy buffet style dinner.
I’ve made these tacos with red snapper and halibut and both have worked great — I think any white fish would taste amazing in them.
The flavors of the fresh salsa and avocados marinated with fresh lime juice is where it’s at. It really is like heaven in your mouth.
There simply is not much else to say because they speak for themselves. Once you try them, you will totally understand what I’m talking about.
Party in your mouth.
“Reminds-Me-Of-The-Islands” Fish Tacos
- 2-4 fillets red snapper, halibut or other local white fish (depending on how many people)
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1-2 avocados
- 1-2 limes
- handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1lb organic tomatoes, chopped
- sauerkraut (preferably homemade)
- paprika (find it here)
- salt (find it here)
- pepper (find it here)
- unrefined & unfiltered olive oil (find it here)
- organic butter
- tortillas (these corn tortillas are my favorite)
- organic sour cream, optional
- organic cheese, optional
- In one bowl, cut avocado in slices, add lime, salt and pepper — let sit
- In a second bowl, add chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, diced red onions. Drizzle olive oil over the tomato mixture, add a few squeezes of lime juice, season with salt and pepper — let sit
- Season fillets with salt, pepper and paprika
- Add 1-2 TBL butter in pan and cook fish until white and flaky (3-5 minutes depending on how thick your fillets are)
- If you are using corn tortillas, I highly suggest warming them up in a separate pan, until they are soft
- [This is the most important step] Put some reggae music on, ensemble your taco and envision yourself laying on the beach, with palm trees swaying, hearing the waves crash along the shoreline and enjoying your amazingly fresh tasting fish tacos!
oh yeah… this is life.
How to Ensemble Your Taco
I usually make my taco like this (and this order)…
- Sour cream
- Tomato fresh salsa