As I promised, I am sharing my garlic bread recipe that goes perfectly with my homemade capellini alfredo! We don’t eat much bread in our household but when we do we like to make it good — and what’s better than crispy, cheesy garlic bread?!
I’ve always just spread butter on the bread and topped it with fresh parsley, salt, cheese and garlic but then I thought… why not make it into a spread?! I got the inspiration for the herb butter from Mommypotamus’s pastured turkey recipe which required mixing all the herbs and spices in butter then spreading it under the skin of the turkey (which, by the way, was amazing).
Needless to say, this method worked out perfectly for the garlic bread. So without further ado… Here’s the recipe!
It also goes outstanding with my homemade capellini alfredo recipe!
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- handful of fresh Italian parsley, chopped small
- 1/8-1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt (find it here)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced (depends on how big your loaf is and how garlicky you want it)
- 6-8 TBL pastured butter
- 1/2 tsp pepper (find it here)
- 1/2 cup grated raw parmigiano reggiano plus extra for topping
- Cut sourdough bread in half so you have two loafs
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl
- Spread liberally on top of bread (not the crust part)
- Add extra parmigiano reggiano on top if you want
- Place under the broiler (low heat) and watch it — do not walk away
- When it gets crispy and browned, take it out!
If you end up with extra herb butter, no worries! Save it and put it on your toast in the morning or eat it straight from the bowl. 🙂