This weekend in honor of Earth Day there will be a nationwide rally against the use of GMOs in Kellogg’s products. GMO Free USA started with Kellogg’s because they have been an American icon since 1906 and target/market children and the idealism of a “wholesome” family. They also donated $800,000 against Proposition 37 which means they do not want you to know what’s in your food. What are they hiding?
Another reason Kellogg’s has been chosen to boycott first is because they sell the same products out of the country but without any genetically modified ingredients. Why is it that Americans have the eat the GMOs? We deserve better, especially for our children, don’t you agree?
Click on the link to find an event near you. If you’ve never attended an activism type rally, I encourage you to go to a Kellogg’s Honk and Wave event. It’s really inspiring and motivating to be around a group of people who believe in the same things you do. Additionally, in order for change to happen you have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone and be proactive. These kind of rally’s are non-violent. I’ve attended two rallies so far (Yes on Prop 37 and No to GE Salmon) and it’s more about having a good time all while making yourself and your voice heard (even if you are just standing there with a sign).
If you can’t make it to rally go to a store near you that sells Kellogg’s products and take a picture of you holding a sign saying something like “Just Say No to Kellogg’s GMOs.” Then you can send the photo to Kellogg’s headquarters or post it on their Facebook page!
If you really aren’t into getting yourself out to a rally, you can still help tremendously by doing the following:
- SEND an email to Kellogg’s executives HERE
- SIGN the petition HERE
- CALL Kellogg’s customer service as often as you can to keep the pressure on. Tell them you are boycotting their products until they remove GMOs.
Kellogg Corporate World Headquarters
Main Switchboard: (269) 961-2000
Consumers Affairs: (800) 962-1413
Corporate Affairs & Media: (269) 961-3799
- POST on Kellogg’s Facebook walls. Kellogg’s Company Page (must be logged into Facebook).
- WRITE a review about Kellogg’s GMOs for one or more of their products on Amazon.com.
- TELL a friend/co-worker/acquaintance. Tell at least one person a day that Kellogg’s products contain unsafe GMOs and ask them to join the boycott.
- Share this post on your social media accounts to help spread the word
I’ll be attending a rally today with my toddler. This will be his first rally and I think we’ll have a lot of fun. I’ll be sure to post photos on my Facebook page from the event.
Until next time,
Loriel – Healthy Roots, Happy Soul