I thought it would be fun to create a weekly compilation to share with my readers that gave me motivation, made me chuckle or just made me think.
It’s always important to be mindful and take a few minutes to really tune-in to certain messages. It’s imperative to think for yourself. Be curious. Be questionable. Learn something. Be inspired. Share knowledge.
If you haven’t already done so, please sign this petition and share amongst your friends. The comment period will be closing February 25. http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/gmo_salmon/?rc=fb_share1&r_by=54648-4545860-Wtpa%3D3x
- The FDA has finally admitted that chicken meat contains arsenic (a known carcinogen) when they have been saying for the past 60 years that “arsenic gets excreted in the chicken feces.” “So now in America, we have a food and drug regulatory agency that says it’s okay to eat arsenic, but dangerous to drink elderberry juice or raw milk.“ Read more here.
- Are you still using store bought deodorant? If so, read this article by The Healthy Home Economist— it will surely sway you into going all-natur-al. She gives you 10 reasons why store bought deodorant is bad for your health. Read more here.
- Just another article to back up the claims that coconut oil is an amazing, versatile product! If you suffer from acne, I suggest reading this article– especially the comments! Read more here.
- If you do not get angry after reading this article then something must be wrong with you. Food Babe has written an article about how food from the same company is manufactured differently for different countries (i.e., America vs. UK). It is extremely appalling to read the differences in ingredients. This is an article you must read. Read it here.
- Do you eat Lean Cuisine? Better think of a better alternative (like cooking from scratch) because Nestle had to recall all their mushroom raviolis in Alaska due to glass shards being present. YIKES! Read more here.
Until next time,
Loriel – Healthy Roots, Happy Soul
This post is part of: Fat Tuesdays, Eco-Kids Tuesday, Backyard Farming Connection, Tutorial Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesdays, The Gathering Spot, Family Table Tuesday, Anti-Procrastination Tuesday, Healthy Tuesdays